Understanding ColoursThe correct color scheme is one of the most crucial elements in your websites design.
The correct color scheme is one of the most crucial elements in your websites design.
The wrong Colours can turn away potential customers from your website. To put things in perspective you need to understand who your ideal customer is and design the website to attract them.
Research tells us that both women and men don’t like Brown, Yellow and Orange, whereas men aren’t keen on Purple and women don’t like Grey.
This is not to say that any of these colors may not suit your ideal customer and your industry. It is all subject to what your end goal is.
Understanding the emotions of Colours will help you choose a colour scheme that will work with your ideal customers.
The graphic below will help you choose the right emotion you want to portray.
The Psychology of Colors.
- Red: energy, passion, excitement, power; also implies aggression, danger.
- Blue: coolness, spirituality, freedom, patience, loyalty, peace, trustworthiness.
- Yellow: light, optimism, happiness, brightness, joy.
- Green: life, naturalness, restfulness, health, wealth, prosperity.
- Orange: friendliness, warmth, approachability, energy, playfulness, courage.
- Violet: wisdom, sophistication, celebration.
- White: purity, cleanliness, youth, freshness, peace.
- Black: power, elegance, secrecy, mystery.
- Gray: security, maturity, reliability.
- Pink: romance a feminine color.
- Brown: comfort, strength, stability, credibility.
Learn how to get the most out of your website.
- Weekly Video Tips and Techniques
- Latest Web Trends
- How to Choose the Right Colour for Your Website
- The Best 25 WordPress Themes Available
- Do It Yourself SEO Tactics